Evaluation of Project Quality Management Requirements According to the International Standard (ISO 10006: 2003) - A Case Study - at AL Mansour state Company for Constructional Contracts for the Fast Traffic Building Project
Keywords:Quality, Project Quality Management, international standard (ISO 10006: 2003
Projects play an important role in the development of the country; the development of projects depends on the quality of the projects. Therefore, this research aims at identifying the extent of Almansour state company for constructional contracts for the Fast traffic Building Project by implementing the project quality management according to the international standard (ISO 10006: 2003), Where projects in recent years in Iraq have gained importance, especially after the year (2003), Resulting in increased projects and because of the high profit margin of enterprises entered many companies in the market leading to increased competition, Which strongly imposes on Almansour to improve its operations by implementing the project quality management according to the international standard (ISO 10006: 2003), In order to obtain high quality and profitability. The quality results of these projects do not conform to the specifications specified in advance due to the lack of attention by the quality management company in its projects according to the international standard (ISO 10006: 2003), and this is the problem of the research. And that the importance of the research came to achieve the project of Almansour without deviating from the predefined quality specifications and the minimum number of resources possible.
This research reached a number of conclusions and recommendations, most notably the lack of concern to quality management in their projects in accordance with the internationalstandard (ISO 10006: 2003), Therefore, appear the recommendations necessity to implement and improve quality management in their projects in accordance with the international standard (ISO 10006: 2003), in order to achieve the end of the project with the required quality by reducing time, cost and resources.
A- Books & Article Internet & Thesis University Internet:
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO).,(2003)" quality management systems-Guidelines for quality management in projects ": (2)nd ed .,publishing in Geneva-Switzerland, p.(1,2,3,4).
- Drob, C., (2013)" Overview About Project quality management ", The Journal of Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics- “Vasile Alecsandri” University of Bacau, Vol. (20), No. (18),p.(232), pp.(231_236).
- Heravitorbati, A., & Coffey, V., & Trigunarsyah, B.,(2011)" Assessment of requirements for establishment of a framework to enhance implementation of quality practices in building projects":International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol.(2). No. (6), p.(467),pp.(465_470).
- Ashokkumar, D., (2007)" Study of Quality Management in Construction Industry": International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Vol. (3). No. (1), p.(36,38,39),pp.(36_43).
- Laszlo, G., (2003)" Pr Project Management: A Quality Manage- ment Approach ": International Journal of TQM Magazine, Vol. (3). No. (3), p.(158),pp.(157_160).
- Chase, R., & Jacobs, R., (2008)" Operations and Supply Management ":The Core, (1)st ed.,publishing Mc Graw – Hill/Irwin – new York, united states of America (U.S.A), p.(139).
- Zafarani, A (2011)" Project Quality Management Approaches: A Comparative Evaluation of International Standards", (2)nd ed., International Conference on Construction and Project Management (May 15), In IACSIT Press, Singapore, Bergische Universidad Wuppertal, p.(43).
- Simona, D., & Eliza, D., & Badea, L., (2013)" Project Quality Evaluation – An Essential Component of Project Success": International Journal of Project Management, Vol. (27). No. (3), p.(140),pp.(139_142).
- Keng, T., & Hamzah, A., (2011)" Study of Quality Management in Construction Projects": Chinese Business Review Journal of Retailing, , Vol. (10). No. (7), p.(543), pp. (542–552).
- Isik, Z., & Arditi, D., & Dikmen, I., & Birgonul, T., (2009)" Impact of corporate strengths/weaknesses on project management competencies": International Journal of Project Management, Vol. (27). No. (3), p.(73),pp.(629_637).
- Heizer, J., & Render, B., (2008)" operations management ", (9)th ed.,Pearson prentice Hall – new Jersey, united states of America (U.S.A),p.(59).
- Guerra, M., & Gimena, F., & Ezcurdia, P., & Silva, D., (2005)" The Influence Of Monitoring And Control On Project Management Success", International Journal International Journal of Construction Project Management, Vol. (6). Nuo. (2), p.(172),P.P(163_184).
- Rose, H., (2005)" Project Quality Management: Why, What and How": J. Ross Publishing– new York, united states of America (U.S.A),p.(5,6,41,42,67,68).
- Crnogorcic, Z., & Jegdic, A., & Miljanovic, M., & Gvozdenovic, T., (2008)" Bodies Of Knowledge In Project Management And Project Quality Management": International Journal for Quality research, Vo. (2). No. (1), p.(73),pp.(69_76).
- Zubact, D., & Lazarevic, D., & Sarkocevic, Z., & Misic, M., & Stojcetovic, B., (2014)" Managing Of Risks And Quality In Project ", (8)th ed .,European International Quality Conference (May 23rd), In Center for Quality, Faculty of Engineering, University of Kragujevac, p.(55).
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)., (2004)" quality management systems-Guidelines for quality management in projects ": (3)th ed .,publishing Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, p.(180).
- Evans, J., & Lindsay, W., (2014)" Managing For Quality & Performance Excellence",(9)th ed.,publishing South–Western, Cengage Learning – new York, united states of America (U.S.A), p.(79).
- Khanna, R., (2007)"Production and Operations Management ", (1)st ed.,publishing Asoke K. Ghosh–New Delhi, Indian, p.(75).
- Dornbos, H., (2013)" Integrating management System: A Comprehensive Approach For Amalgamating The Environmental & Project management Systems " degree of Master, Florida International university, Stockholm - Sweden p.(16).
- Nienaber, R., (2008)" A Model For Enhancing Software Project management Using Software Agent Technology" degree of Doctor, University Of South Africa, Miami-Florida p.(33,66,176).
- Parra, M., (2005)" Examinando los procesos de la Dirección de proyectos": International Journal of IX Congreso de Ingeniería de Organización, Universidad de Antofagasta-Chile, Vol. (8). No. (9), p.(4).
- Suárez, R., (2007)" Metodología de Gestión de Proyectos en las Administraciones Públicas según ISO 10006" degree of Doctor, University Of Oviedo, France, p.(76,77).